Re: Q: Libm test vectors.

Sergei Organov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could somebody please tell me how the test vectors for the libm routines are
> generated. It seems that they are rather random and even contain denormalized
> numbers that cause problems on PowerPC when hardware floating point is used.

Yep, random is exactly what they are. That's never been entirely
satisfactory I know.

But denormalized numbers should work. Anyone who does FP arithmetic has to
deal with denormalized numbers every so often. The only other target we
have right now that supports a hardware FPU is the VR4300 port, and if you
look in hal/mips/arch/VERSION/src/mipsfp.c you'll see that we needed to add
code there to deal (in a fairly simple way) for the lack of hardware
support for denormalized numbers.

Does the PPC support a "flush denormal numbers to zero" type of flag?

Jifl