Re: problem finding tools in build of ecos 1.3.1 for linux

From: Warren <warren@actcom.co.il>
> The arm version of ar is called arm-elf-ar, but the linux version
> is just called ar, there's no COMMAND_PREFIX in front of it.
>
> So I go into /tools/H-i686.../bin and
>  ln ar i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar
>
> That fixed it.  Can ecosconfig be made to generate makefiles that
> look for ar where it actually is?

It's Linux Synthetic Target specific problem. From "readme.txt" in the
ecos source directory:

  Problem 1:

  The synthetic target is set to use tools with a prefix of
  "i686-pc-linux-gnu-". However, when building tools for the host, the
  installed binaries will not be given a prefix. To work around this
  problem, set the option CYGBLD_COMMAND_PREFIX to "" when making an
  eCos configuration.

I had same problem before, but I re-configured all ecos tools with
"--program-prefix=i686-pc-linux-gnu-" (configure option). It also
works fine.

----
Kimitaka Ishikawa <ishikawa@yhd.yamaha.co.jp>
Yamaha High-Tech Design Corp.