RE: sections .data, .sbbs and .bbs not within region ram

On 05-May-00 Norbert Schulze wrote:
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>> Is this for any particular application?  Perhaps the standard tests?
>
> Yes the standard tests from ecos 1.3.1

I just tried this here and it seemed to work fine.  Here's how I did it:

  # ecosconfig new cma286
  -- change startup type to be "ROM"
  # ecosconfig tree
  # make tests

Can you provide more information on what you've tried, what your setup is, etc?

Note: You can set the startup type by executing these commands:

# cat <<EOF >ROM_startup
cdl_savefile_version 1;
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_version {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_command {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_configuration { description hardware template package };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_package { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_component { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_option { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_interface { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;
    hardware    cma28x ;
    template    default ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MPC8xx current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_COGENT current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_COGENT current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBM current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_WALLCLOCK current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
};

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value ROM
};