Re: eCos on NEC MIPSVR4373 Evaluation Board

Ling Su wrote:

> I spent $2,400 to buy a NEC MIPSVR4373 Evaluation board, thanks God, it
> comes with a CDROM name GNUPro Toolkit. Unfortunately, when I browser the
> CD, I found only a Cygwinxxx.zip file and a src.zip. I am trying to build
> the src in cygwin since I am considering move to Linux if the build process
> is successful. However, I failed. I do not know why? Has anyone has the same
> board who playing with eCos and GNUpro toolkit? Could you please drop me
> some suggestion and advises on if it is possible to rebuild the GNUpro
> toolkit in Linux?

The GNUPro VR4300 tools supplied with the VRC4373 board are not capable of
supporting eCos. This is because we had to fix some problems found when
doing the port - these problems arose because of us using the board with
32-bit general purpose registers (but still 64-bit FP registers).

To build more recent development tools that support eCos for the vr4300,
either follow the instructions at
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/getstart.html or, of course, feel free to
enquire about our support contracts at http://www.redhat.com/services/ecos/

HTH,