Re: Re: Configuration tool problem

Alfredo Knecht wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> after mounting a textmode point, i still get the same error from make:
>
> Makefile:89: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/gcc/gcc'
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/gcc'
> bash-2.04$
>
> #these are my mounts:
> bash-2.04$ mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
> G:\GPS\APPS\cygw    /                   user         textmode
> G:\GPS\APPS\cygw    /c                  user         textmode
> G:\GPS\APPS\cygw    /j                  user         textmode
>
> What a I doing wrong?

Nothing :-/. I've been trying to find the best workaround for what is
actually a cygwin bug.

Okay. Let's try a different approach. Please download the May 25th snapshot
of the cygwin1 DLL from http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/snapshots/

i.e. cygwin1-20000525.dll.gz

Uncompress it with "gunzip cygwin1-20000525.dll.gz" and then exit all your
running cygwin applications. Now go to the "bin" subdirectory of your
cygwin installation and rename "cygwin1.dll" to "cygwin1.dll.old". Now copy
in the uncompressed cygwin1-20000525.dll and rename that to cygwin1.dll

This should fix the problem and you can continue.

Note that snapshots after the 25th May and up to (at least) the 31st May
definitely do not work - they are very broken in other ways - so do not
install those.

I have been patiently waiting for the cygwin team to produce an official
1.1.2 update to the cygwin DLL which includes this bug fix, but
unfortunately it still hasn't happened.

Let me know how it works out.

Jifl