Re: Problem when make gcc cross compiler for MIPS platform

    >> I take it you mean the error:
    >>
    >> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
    >>
    >> Odd. Can you cut-and-paste the output of the following?
    >>
    >> cd /tmp
    >> echo 'int main() {}' > fred.c
    >> gcc -v fred.c
    >>
    >> The output will be quite long!

    > I attach the output in fred.out, please check it.

Could I please make a general point here.

Although Jifl's attempts at being helpful are commendable, posting
~3400 lines of logfile to a mailing list is not usually a good idea. I
suspect that at least some people on the mailing list will be using
dial-up connections, and in many countries such phone calls are not
free. It would be a shame if such people felt they had to stop
subscribing to the mailing list because they feel the signal to noise
ratio is too low.

If somebody like Jifl volunteers to help resolve a problem like this
and it becomes necessary to exchange lengthy log files, please switch
to private email. Once the problem has been identified and a solution
has been found, by all means post that solution to the mailing list to
help other users.

Also, please do not send such lengthy logfiles uninvited. ecos-discuss
is supposed to be primarily a forum for technical discussions, not a
free technical support service for all aspects of the GNU tools and
cygwin. There are other mailing lists for the individual tools, see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ for details, and there are companies
offering technical support on a commercial basis.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainers