virtual serial ports

Hi,
	I'm just wondering does eCos support the concept of virtual serial
ports for implementing something along the lines of IRCOMM, what I've done
so far is written code that pretends to be serial port using interrupts
with 128 byte buffers, calls the serial init function at init time, and
lookup, and when data arrives from the lower layers, it calls the serial
rcv_char routine with each byte, this seems fine but it looks as if this
interferes somehow with my real serial port,

I am using UITRON support, and have two tasks, one blocked on the real
serial port transferring data to the virtual and one blocked on the
virtual, if I remove the code copying from the real to the virtual (so the
virtual thread always blocks in cyg_io_read), I lose characters on the
serial port, if I make the virtual blocked thread go into a while(1), I
don't lose characters,

Has anyone done something like this before and tell me where I'm going
wrong this seems pretty fundamental,

btw I'm using CVS from yesterday, with a PID board and the real serial
port is running at 38400, I've also got some minimal printfs on the debug
serial port.

--
------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \