RE: mac adress setup for edb7xxx network interface

Seems like I jumped to conclusions again,

the eeprom on my board is not properly configured,(misinterpretation of the
status register).
there is an eeprom, but the eeprom_ok bit is zero.

the code does ignore the wrongly configured eeprom, so that sitiuation is
OK.
if you want I can send a patch, but maybe its wise if somebody who *has* a
properly comnfigured eeprom to test it first.
anyway, the code snippet is in the ml archive now and can be found by
anybody willing to try it.

Rene