question of Gdbstub for NECVR4373 board

Hello,

I sent following message regarding to eCos on NEC board, seems he is not
availabe that days, could anyone else help me. Thanks.

I can not make the gdb stub work on the NEC board, and I doubt if the serial
port doesn't support 38400. Therefore, I tried your 9600B version gdb stub,
and also produced one 9600B version by myself. Unfortunately both of them
don't work. :(

I tried to observe something by Logical Analyzer, for the orignal PMON rom,
it works fine. The chip select(CS) for EPROM is high, and I can see the
signal from PCI bus. For the gdb stub binary, the CS is selected once and
once again, nothing appears on PCI bus. I have several specific questions,

<1>. I found even I change the template to vr4373 in eCos configuration
tools, the default setting for the Clock is 50MHZ, actually the MIPS chip on
my
board is 133MHZ. Need I change it? What's your board's clock frequency then?
<2>. What is the start address when I burn the gdbstub EPROM? I burn it from
0x0000, is that correct? I found the inital binary codes for GDB is
different from PMON? Actually I don't know where the system boot from? For
0x0000 address or somewhere else? I tried to decode the stub binary to see
if I can watch in on Logical Analyzer  now.
<3>. I found a minor buggy point of the eCos Configure tools, even I change
the configuration of gdb serial speed to 9600B, when I run tests, it still
"set remotebaud 38400". I feel it will be more convenient if this can be
consistent with what I configured.

Anyway, I still can not successfully communicate with the board by
Hyperterminal or gdb... How eager I am to see a working piece of board! :)

Best Rgds,
-Ling