Re: question of Gdbstub for NECVR4373 board

    Ling> I sent following message regarding to eCos on NEC board,
    Ling> seems he is not availabe that days, could anyone else help
    Ling> me. Thanks.

The Red Hat eCos engineers will not generally answer questions sent by
private email, especially non-trivial questions. They may respond to
public questions on ecos-discuss, depending on such factors as their
work load, the complexity of the question, and how likely it is that
the answer will benefit other eCos users in future. If this is
insufficient for your needs you should consider a commercial support
contract, please contact ecos-info@redhat.com for details.

   <snip questions about the NEC board, I do not know much about that
    one>

    Ling> <3>. I found a minor buggy point of the eCos Configure
    Ling> tools, even I change the configuration of gdb serial speed
    Ling> to 9600B, when I run tests, it still "set remotebaud 38400".
    Ling> I feel it will be more convenient if this can be consistent
    Ling> with what I configured.

The various host-side tools (configtool, gdb, ...) have been developed
independently. At some point they may start interacting via e.g. a
CORBA backplane, and things like setting the baud rate correctly will
just work. I have no idea when anything like that is likely to happen.

Of course gdb is used for many different systems, not just eCos. It
cannot be changed in ways that will affect the ability to debug other
systems.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer