Re: question of Gdbstub for NECVR4373 board

    Jifl> Bart Veer wrote:
    >>
    Ling> <3>. I found a minor buggy point of the eCos Configure
    Ling> tools, even I change the configuration of gdb serial speed
    Ling> to 9600B, when I run tests, it still "set remotebaud 38400".
    Ling> I feel it will be more convenient if this can be consistent
    Ling> with what I configured.
    >>
    >> The various host-side tools (configtool, gdb, ...) have been developed
    >> independently. At some point they may start interacting via e.g. a
    >> CORBA backplane, and things like setting the baud rate correctly will
    >> just work. I have no idea when anything like that is likely to happen.
    >>
    >> Of course gdb is used for many different systems, not just eCos. It
    >> cannot be changed in ways that will affect the ability to debug other
    >> systems.

    Jifl> I think Ling was referring to the "Run Tests" functionality
    Jifl> - it runs GDB and passes the baud rate in.

The whole testing area needs a lot more work than just having the
config tool look for some option that corresponds to the baud rate -
especially since the option name appears to be platform-specific. For
example consider ethernet-based debugging, or more generic device
driver testing.

IMO we need to move to a script-based solution of some sort, which
will require a serious amount of design and implementation.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer