Re: platform porting to SNDS 100

On 07-Aug-2000 Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 11:39:24PM -0700, danish iftikhar wrote:
>
>> i am trying to port ecos to samsung's KS32C50100 .
>> i am using lynx as base and have build ecos for pid board. can i port ecos by manually editing
>> some of the generated files..for ex. can i do away with memory layout by editing the linker
>> script fragment or do i have to make changes in ecos source code.
>> moerover i am unable to find anything related with memory controller initialization.
>> i am unable to locate the sources where to make changes in order to port it.
>
> In my system with the KS32C5000A, the memory controller is initiallized by
> boot-loader code in ROM before eCos starts.  eCos does not deal with the
> memory controller at all.

In the case where eCos based code _is_ the bootstrap (GDB stubs, RedBoot,
pure embedded applications), this setup happens as part of system
startup.  This can include setting up memory controllers, the MMU, etc.

For all ARM ports, this happens in the "PLATFORM_SETUP1" macro, which
is defined by the platform, typicaly in the file "hal_platform_setup.h".
Look at the edb7xxx or sa11x0 ports for complete examples.  [available
via anon-CVS]