Re: IRQs mapping in PC platform

"Boris V. Guzhov" <borg@int.spb.ru> writes:

> Hi,
> I have tested it.  And my device (3c509 EtherLink3 ISA card)
>  worked properly with 5 and 7 IRQ
> It corresponds to  5+PC_HARDWARE_IRQ_OFFSET  and
> 7+PC_HARDWARE_IRQ_OFFSET vectors and here is
> used master interrupt controller.
> But it did not work with 10 and 11 IRQ (they are connected to slave
> interrupt controller).   Why?

There may well be some problems with the second PIC and propogation of
interrupts through the master controller. I am not sure that this has
ever been tested - the only interrupting devices use so far are the
timer and serial lines, all of which are on the master.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK