Re: make a program run at powerup on CL_PS7111 board with

Everything needed to build eCos applications is provided.  In the case of
ROM based applications, one simply needs to set the startup type to ROM
and then rebuild.  The application will be compiled with the apprpriate
configuration settings for ROM mode and linked at an appropriate address.
It will be up to you to get it programmed into the ROM.

A good example of ROM based applications are "GDB stubs" for a given board.
E.g. to build these for the EDB7xxx, just:
  % ecosconfig new edb7212 stubs
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make
If you're using the GUI (under Windows), simply select the platform (edb7212)
and the template (stubs) and "build library".