serial communication with i386

Hi,
I made a boot floppy of eCos for i386 PC target. When i boot pentium PC with this floppy it dispays some characters on screen.
I tried to connect this PC with my host which is also pentium PC with windows NT.I connected host and target PCs using Null modem cable on port 1 (COM1). I gave following commands on GDB:
set remotebaud 38400
target remote COM1

it displays : ignoring packet error, continuing...( 3times )
and then      cannot connect to target

While building eCos i enabled serial drivers also.

can you help me out to solve this problem?

regards,
pradeep

Visit my personal Homepage at http://mail.indiatimes.com/indiatimes/users/pradeeppatel