Re: CS8900A

For development purposes we use a bunch of gibberish ESAs (MACs).
0x000102030405 is my personal favourite.
(so if you get some internet trafic from said ESA, drop me an e-mail because
something's gone terribly wrong)   ; )
For production purposes, like others have said, you'll need to get an EUI
from the IEEE.

On another (somewhat related) note...
I have an EB40 (w/ AT91R40807, esentially identical to the 40400 with 136KB
of internal memory instead of 4K) with a RT8019 etherchip (NE2k (NS8390)
clone).
There's a known issue with the packaged Angel monitor. I can't connect at
faster than 9600, and debugging is *DEAD* slow. (read: over two minutes to
get a 1k memory dump)
My preferred plan is to get a Jeeni, but they're a little pricey (although
right now I would shell out the bucks) and there's no stock!
So, is there another monitor I could flash into it that isn't broken? (gdb
stub, Cygmon, RedBoot, ...)
If there isn't one ported already, and I actually find some time to start
porting, which should I use? Where do I get the source? What's required to
complete the port? A "RTF-FAQ reply" would be appreciated when acompanied
with an URL.
I have TCP/IP (over ethernet) working on my board. Would it be reasonable to
consider using this for debugging rather than serial?

Cheers,
Shaun