RE: dynamic allocation memory

On 06-Sep-2000 pengyu xue wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
>          I use the malloc function in my device driver, but it seems
> something is wrong with this function. So I wonder that ecos-131 support
> the dynamic memory allocation in the target vrc4300-4373.  Can someone
> tell me more information about this? And I used  memory pool, the same
> result I meet. How to use the memory pool functions?

What does 'something is wrong' mean?  Does it work at all?  Do you run
out of malloc memory before you think you should?  We'll need more data
before we can help much.

As was also pointed out, calling malloc() in an ISR or even DSR is probably
not a really good idea.  Can you tell us more about what you're trying to
do?