Re: UART communication

Jonathan> Andreas.Karlsson@combitechsystems.com wrote:
>> > Can you clarify what you mean by CTS/RTS enabled? How did you >
>> enable this?
>>
>> I enabled it with the cyg_io_set_config-function like this:

Jonathan> [snip]
>> settings_buf.flags=CYG_SERIAL_FLAGS_RTSCTS; //enable CTS/RTS

Jonathan> I think you should find that setting this has no effect,
Jonathan> which is why you are seeing overruns. If you update to eCos
Jonathan> from CVS, you will find that "real" support for hardware
Jonathan> flow control has been added to the generic layer, although
Jonathan> the only device driver that uses it currently is the ARM PID
Jonathan> serial driver.

Jonathan> However, it would not be difficult to make the same changes
Jonathan> to the AEB serial driver. Perhaps you should consider that?

I'm plotting on restructuring the 16450/1655x serial drivers just as I
have just done with the SH SCI/SCIF serial drivers.

I haven't looked into all the details yet, but I believe I should be
able to make a generic 16450/1655x serial driver which is shared
between all the platforms that presently have a dedicated driver for
such a beast. This would affect at least PID, Cogent and AEB -
possibly other platforms as well.

I would base that reorg on the PID driver, thus extending the current
PID BREAK+CTS/RTS support to the other affected platforms.

By the looks of things, however, I wouldn't get around to that for
some weeks, so changing the AEB driver would probably be a good (and
necessary) short term fix.

Jesper