RE: Is anybody planning (or doing) Redboot ethernet suppo

On 13-Sep-2000 Charles Feng wrote:
> Hi guys. We are currently working on vr4373 board and we need ethernet download/debug support. Is
> anybody working on Redboot for vr4373? If nobody is tackling on this we'll do it ourselves.
> Notify me if you have any idea. Thanks!

At this time, Red Hat has no plans to provide this soon.

We'd love to see you make this happen [and contribute it back :-)].
I'd suggest that you look at the RedBoot setup for the EBSA285 (ARM)
which is very close to what you'll want/need.

The key things to add are:
  * Network driver.  Given that the VRC4373 has PCI, this should be similar.
  * Flash driver. Depends on your chip.  We currently support Intel flash,
    but stay tuned for some AMD chips as well (in the PowerPC/MBX world).

Sadly at this time, we've not had much time to document the RedBoot porting
process (although it is planned).  Your best documentation will be the many
extant ports to various environments.

Feel free to ask questions - we'll try and help.