Re: math and stdlib problem problems which I found

    Adon> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    Adon> ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C02008.3A6FB340

    Adon> Hi all,

    Adon>     After I update the eCos from cvs and Alex recommand I could build =
    Adon> the I386 PC target. At this time, I could test and download my sample =
    Adon> program to target PC, and run it. But now I also have some problems as =
    Adon> follow:

    Adon>     1. When I build the tests, the test program for strtoul will fail.
    Adon>     2. When I build the library and tests, the program s_tanh will fail.

    Adon>     To solve the problems, I modified the cdl for stdlib and libm, and =
    Adon> it works. And I found that those tow programs are the last item of the =
    Adon> cdl file. I hope this will be useful.

    Adon>     And after I modified the cdl files, the corresponding makefile did =
    Adon> not update, does it correct???

    Adon>     Thanks for the help from the mail list.

    Adon> Adon Chen

    Adon> ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C02008.3A6FB340

    <snip>

Please adjust your email software to send in plain text only. Not
everybody uses MIME-aware mail readers, and sending messages in both
text and html is just a waste of bandwidth.

You do not say what changes you have made to the CDL files so I cannot
comment on whether or not that is a sensible way of fixing the
problems with strtoul and s_tanh. However, after making any changes to
a CDL file or to a saved configuration it is necessary to regenerate
the build tree. From the command line this means running "ecosconfig
tree" again. When using the GUI tool I suspect you will have to exit
and restart the tool.

Adding makefile support for regenerating the build tree automatically
following a change to the saved configuration or to a CDL script,
along similar lines to autoconf's --enable-maintainer-mode facility,
is on the to do list. There are some implementation difficulties,
especially consistency problems for people using the GUI tool.

Bart