Anybody else programming MBX860?

Hi,
I would like to get in contact with somebody else who is using MBX860
(MBX860 starter-kit) in combination with eCos. I just can't get it
running, ie get contact with it through a serial cable.
I have looked at at all jumpers on the board to be sure that this isn't
the problem. Is there any other jumper than J4 thats going to be
change?
My powerpc is running at 40 Mhz, is this the right frequency? Does it
matter what frequency?
I have replaced the existing rom in XU1 with one containing
gdb_module.bin (prebuilt version shipped with eCos distribution)? Is
this enough?
What is gdb_module.img used fore? (I'm pretty new into this area...)
I have tried two different cables..... I can get in contact with MBX860
when the rom in XU1 contains EPPC Bug. Can something be wrong with my
serial cable anyway?
Does the stub (gdb_module.bin) run all system setup? Is anything else
needed?

A lots of questions...but I'm really worried about this...gives me a lot
of grey hair right know....I hope I look good in grey hair...

/Daniel Lind