RE: multithreading problem with i386

Hi
  my serial port is working fine .. it's the problem with thread switching
only , i tried to run very basic thread switching program without involving
serial port & they itself are failing .
Even some of the prebuilt test cases are hanging such as thread2
bin-sem2 etc , but the thread0 test case worked fine .
it seems the problem occured whenever it comes to thread switching only .
i applied the patch given by u , but it did'nt seem to solve the problem .
even the two-threads.c example program is hanging ..it switched only once
and then hanged , ie it printed :

         thread data is 0
         thread data is 1
only
and then never came out . i wonder have i done something wrong with the
kernel .
what should ideally be the  priority & stack size assigned while creating a
thread .
have i missed something very basic .
one more ques . if we are starting our appplication program with
main(), then do we have to explicitly use cyg scheduler start function in
the program or the kernel takes care of that .

regards
danish.