Re: Problems building stand-alone gdb stub for ARM AEB

Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 04-Oct-2000 Ormund Williams wrote:
> > Framing errors are my problem.  Seems like a hardware problem, so I'll
> > work on that next.  Has any body seen this problem?
> >

> Notice that when you connect, the host will be sending you a string of
> 6 characters or so at full speed.  If the target device does not have
> buffering or isn't quick enough, then this will surely cause framing
> errors when running at speed.

The UART on the ARM AEB has no FIFO so each character must be read
before the next arrives, if that fails the Over-run flag is set in the
Line Status Register.  This I have tested by inserting a delay.

The problem I'm seeing though, is the Frame error flag is set.  This
only happens with some character sequences, from that I am concluding
that the board is malfunctioning, I am going to try a different one,
I'll let you know how it goes.

PS: There's no need to cc me since I'm subscribed to the list. Thanks

--
Ormund