Re: problem configuring/building ecos

    Mike> Installed ecos-1.3.1 under NT and ran configuration tool to
    Mike> build library. In the output window,"Failed to create
    Mike> process make-i1" is displayed. Here are the steps

    <snip>

    Mike> Any tips,suggestions,etc would be greatly appreciated!

Generating the build tree and the  makefiles is handled by code inside
the configuration tool itself. Actually doing the build is done by
invoking GNU make, which means that you need an installation of cygwin
and you need to set your path correctly. I suspect that you need to
investigate the latter possibility.

    Mike> Also,does anybody know if PSIM comes with GDB 5.0.1 or only
    Mike> with older versions.

According to the PSIM web page at http://sources.redhat.com/psim/

    "PSIM is now bundled with GDB, the GNU debugger.

     These pages are provided for reference only."

I do not know the exact relation between the current simulation code
inside gdb and the original PSIM code, but the main PSIM author
Andrew Cagney is now one of the lead gdb maintainers.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer