RE: Virtual Vector Table.

On 09-Oct-2000 Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where should I put the virtual vector table be for the i386/PC platform?
>
> I've seen it in vectors.S for the arm arch (actually in the .fixed_vectors
> section).
> It seems the same for the v85x arch. But I've found also the following for
> the ceb_v850 platform, in plf_sections.h:  PROVIDE(_hal_virtual_vector_table
> = 0x00FC0300);
> For the mips/vrc4373, mn10300/stb and mn10300/stdeval1 platforms, my grep
> only found extern declaration and I can not guess where the virtual vector
> table really lies.

It's really up to you where it goes.  The table has to be defined by the
stubs (aka RedBoot) and will be imported into eCos applications.  Bottom line
is that it needs to end up at a well known, fixed, address.

I think that the ARM approach is probably the most general if you can
make it work for the PC environment.