RE: Redboot with static IP

On 12-Oct-2000 Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to assign a static IP when using redboot ?
>
> The ethernet driver worked well with full DHCP but it doesn't work with the
> redboot bootp.

The short answer is "yes".  However, it might not work so easily for
you.  The support static network setups, including the IP address, you
need to include flash support in RedBoot.  I doubt that this will be
immediately available for you on the PC.

However, you might be able to look into the code in RedBoot that handles
this and see how to make it work without the flash stuff present.