need help getting started with eCos for Intel 386EX!!

Hello,

We are using a custom designed board with a 386EX processor, 512K RAM and 1MB
code flash to control one of our products (it is a high-volume product, which is
why we do NOT use an off-the-shelf PC card - the board is completely our own
design)

Up to now we have not been using an operating system and I would like to know :

1)  can eCos be configured for our existing processor and memory chips? (386EX,
512K DRAM, 1MB flash)

2)  does eCos support the 386EX (the web site seems a bit ambiguous about this)

3) is there some tutorial that can show me how to do this (I've downloaded eCos
and all its manuals, but I still feel quite 'lost' - I've had
little exposure to Linux and embedded OSes...)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!  :-)))

Maarten