Re: ECOS Building tools under Linux 6.2

Leandro Vieira wrote:

>  Hello.
>
>  I had completed building tools under windows NT with binutils-2.10,gcc
>  2.95.2 and gdb 5.0. and had also applyed the patch ecos-gcc-2952.pat to
> gcc.
>  This process it's the same that i have been try to do under Linux 6.2
> without sucess.
>  So i moved that i had in Windows NT to correspondent folder in Linux.
>  Now i'm trying to build the tools for Synthetic Linux target:
>  i followed all steps in agreement with document.
>  in step 3 of document, when i try configure GCC i get the follow error
> message, it's the only
>  message that i get:
>
>          *** connot find config.sub.

You moved the sources directly? At a guess config.sub doesn't have the
execute bit, so do chmod +x config.sub. Also check that config.sub is spelt
in lower case. And failing that, try doing yourself what the configure
script would do, which would be

/bin/sh /src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/config.sub sun4

which should output:

sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1

Also I hope that whatever way you copied it wouldn't allow any CRLFs in -
it's something to watch out for if you have any more problems.

Jifl