Test Serial Port 2 on NEC vrc4373 target.

Hi,

I am trying to test the serial port 2 on my board working properly. I wrote some programs and connect my PC and the board using a direct serial cable (not null modem, since I found GDB doesn't use null modem, I guess the two serial ports are in same configuration). Unfortunately, I don't read out anything although on the PC side I wrote a program to keep writing to the this serial port.

I have ever tried the serial port test cases in eCos with "ser_filter" for serial port 1. I think I might be able to run the test cases on serial port 2, so I did following things and try to run one of the test cases,

<1>. I modified the ser_test_protocol.inl, change the "TEST_SER_DEV" from "CYDAT_IO_SERIAL_MIPS_VRC4373_SERIAL0_NAME" to "CYDAT_IO_SERIAL_MIPS_VRC4373_SERIAL1_NAME". Supposely the test case will use "/dev/ser1" instead of "/dev/ser0".

<2>. On PC side, I run following command in seperate console,
        ser_filter -t 9001 /dev/ttyS0 38400
        ser_filter -t 9000 /dev/ttyS1 38400
Thus two program will monitor both of the two ports.

<3>. Using GDB to load the test case "serial3" to "remote localhost:9001", it was successfully loaded. But when I let the program run, it halts on "NOT APPLICABLE: no host side harness dectect". Apparently it tried to read reply from HOST, nothing read in and timer timeout was triggered.

So more specifically, my question is, anything wrong with my assumption and procedure? or any method to test serial port 2?

Thanks for anyone who can shed me some light!

Regards,
-Ling