Automated Testing

Hi,

I'm testing our eCos builds on various platforms to ensure the sanity of
the build. Does anyone have any advice about automating the tests that
come with ecos?

We're a linux shop and I'm currently using my own perl scripts to
download to an evaluation board, start execution and monitor output via
a serial port. When a case exits the results are logged and the next
srec is sent to the board & run, etc.

We added a definition for CYGHWR_TEST_PROGRAM_EXIT and made a change to
the macro CYG_TEST_CHECK to call CYG_TEST_EXIT rather than
cyg_test_exit() which doesn't exit in our world (because
CYGBLD_ATTRIB_NORET doesn't get defined). So far it's working OK.

Any advice, comments, pointers are welcome.

Cheers,
  Janet

--
Janet Lomas                     Phone: (780) 439-9000x266
Testing Team Lead               Fax:   (780) 439-8845