RE: Serial port used by both RedBoot and a program

Fabrice> Ok for the isr and the ctrl-C stuff, but what happens about
Fabrice> diagnostic output that are sent throught the vector table to
Fabrice> the serial port ?
>>  Diagnostic output is using polled IO. The virtual vectors are not
>> changed when the serial driver proper is initialized, only the
>> interrupt vectors. So the application can still use the virtual
>> vectors for diag output. Of course, if you have enabled the serial
>> driver, there's probably trouble ahead if you try to use the same
>> serial line for diag output.

Fabrice> Yes it seems I am....

Fabrice> I can get any interrupt from the serial port, and RedBoot
Fabrice> (not the program) is still sending some diag output to
Fabrice> it. May that be related?

Fabrice> How can i deactivate a channel ?

By not using it. Or if that's not an option, you could register a
dummy channel and switch to that after application startup. There's no
such channel in the current code, but it may be worth adding it in the
generic code.

Jesper