Re: Re: Troubles building gcc for sh-elf

kkojima@rr.iij4u.or.jp said:
> I've seen this error once, not in ECOS work but our Linux work. Please
> try CVS or the latest snapshot of binutils.

OK, this took care of it. With binutils-001118, the C and C++ compilers
for sh-elf compiled just fine, and libgcc.a compiled as well.

Someone should update the "Building the Hitachi SH development tools for Linux"
page, which directly recommends binutils 2.10.1, which definitely does not
work with the gcc snapshots, which the page also insists is required.

  <http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-sh-elf.html>

And now I figure out where to go from here. Thanks for the help.
steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,