Re: Trouble running ecosconfig under Linux/alpha

steve@icarus.com said:
> Yes, it is the host program (ecosconfig) that is crashing. I haven't
> even *got* to the target sources.

Compiling the tools with gcc 2.95.2 cures the Seg faults. That suggests
that the 1.3.1 release host tools will also compile and run.

So, to get the host tools to run under Linux/alpha, one must install
the gcc 2.95.2 compiler, or (*shiver*) upgrade to RedHat 7.0, which
doesn't exist. (In fact, I see no RPMS for gcc 2.95.2 for the alpha,
so alpha users are going to have to compile the host compiler themselves.)

steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,