Re: Memory Problems Under eCos

Colin Ford <colin.ford@pipinghotnetworks.com> writes:

> I'm still finding that my GoAhead web server runs out of
> memory. I've traced it a bit further and found that when
> a request comes through memory is trying to be freed but
> the bp->flags have been corrupted and the integrity
> not valid anymore.
>
> It seems that the following gets corrupted:
>
>   ../sockGen.c:712
>   ../webs.c:2108
>   ../sockGen.c:716
>   ../sockGen.c:714
>
> These then mount up by one each time and eventually
> I run out of memory.......Doh!
>
> So I reckon that its eCos. Ho well I'll carry on looking.

I know 0.0 about the context here, but when I'm debugging and I see stuff
like that, what I do is severalfold:

a) run with asserts enabled if you're not already
b) make your stacks much bigger - eCos does NOT do stack checking
c) make your malloc heap much bigger (if that applies to your platform) -
   a failed malloc returns NULL, which can go undetected.
[Sorry if this is preaching to the converted...]

What's a bp-> ?  Is it an eCos data structure or part of GoAhead?
Those source files are references to allocation calls or pointers?
(If anyone else has more context here and can help properly, ignore me)

	- Huge