Re: printf

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 02:07:39PM -0800, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> [...]

I don't see how you could do semihosting when using JTAG.

AFAIK, user code on the ARM has no access at all to the ICE
macrocell, so there's no way for application code to send or
get data from something at the other end of the JTAG port.  The
Angel Debugging Protocol used by some JTAG interfaces has
support for semihosting, but I think it's only used if you're
using the Angel monitor (or other user SW) to process ADP
packets on the ARM.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com