Re: DEVIO table change

    Grant> How do I determine (at compile time) with which version of
    Grant> the kernel a driver is being used?

    Grant> Maintaining parallel drivers for 1.3.1 and CVS would
    Grant> require a lot of work, so I'd like my driver to work with
    Grant> both 1.3.1 and CVS code. But the DEVIO table has changed. I
    Grant> can't seem to find a kernel version or devio version macro
    Grant> to test in my driver sources to determine whether to
    Grant> include a select function in the DEVIO macro.

    Grant> It looks like I might be able to make the decision on
    Grant> whether CHAR_DEVIO_TABLE is defined.

    Grant> Would it be possible to include some sort of kernel version
    Grant> or kernel API version macro in the one of the eCos kernel
    Grant> header files so that a single driver can support multiple
    Grant> versions of the kernel?

Actually, the kernel version macros do exist:

  #include <pkgconf/system.h>
  #ifdef CYGPKG_KERNEL_CURRENT
  #endif

With current versions of the host-side tools there will also be
definitions for CYGNUM_KERNEL_VERSION_MAJOR, _MINOR and _RELEASE which
can be used for numerical comparisons in a #if, but that functionality
was added after the 1.3.1 release.

Bart