Re: relocaation truncated ?

jacky wrote:

> Hi all;
>
>     I am porting viewml to ecos,but I meet a problem, can someone do me a
> favor to tell me how to solve this. THe following is the error messages:
>
>  html.o:/home/root/myprojects/mips_for/viewml-0.15/src/g++/stl_alloc.h
>           :473: relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16
>           __default_alloc_template<false, 0>::start_free
>
> What is the meaning of R_MIPS_GPREEL16, what will cause this kind of
> error?  Thank you!

Sometimes you see this simply when the symbol isn't found, and another line
of the error message should also help indicate this.

Otherwise it can mean that a 16-bit GP relative relocation was not large
enough to contain the relocation actually needed. This type of thing
happens when two modules access the same symbol, but do so in a different
way, e.g.

int myarray[1];

in one module, which actually is:

int myarray[10];

in a different module. Anything using the first prototype would be given a
smaller relocation than in the latter case.

In other words, it can happen when two modules have two different types for
the same "thing".

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine