Re: Thread states

Paleologos Spanos wrote:

>  Hi,I have a question regarding the state of thread.
>
> -When a thread finishes its work what is its state? the "EXITED"?
>  The question is if the "exited" state is  showing that the thread has
> finished execution or it is the state after having exit(with the exit
> function) the thread?

The former - although from your description the latter would imply the
former anyway?

> -If I want to stop the execution of a thread and then start it again from
> the beggining again(not from the point it stopped) which
> are the appropriate functions? exit and then resume,or kill and then
> resume?

I think you are a bit confused: you call cyg_thread_exit() to exit the
calling thread; you call cyg_thread_kill() to request another thread exits.

When the thread exits you can call cyg_thread_resume() on it.

> -Will this thread be present on the wait_queue of the bitmap
> scheduler?(assuming that we have the bitmap scheduler)

At what point?

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine