Re: EP7211 & Jeeni

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 04:23:33PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:

> danish> can't undersatnd what's wrong with it .  moreover i am not
> danish> able to do step even through GDB ..i have to use "stepi" in
> danish> place of that ...why it is so ?
>
> >>  Did you include debugging information (-g option)? Without it
> >> there would be no line information to allow a regular step
> >> instruction to work.
>
> danish>   ya ! i am including the debugging information ( -g option)
> danish> and able to see the source code on the gdb terminal .  Is
> danish> there any other option which may be hinderinig the working .
> danish> Right now , i am having the gdb stub in the EP7211 board which
> danish> initialises the board & after that i conneect through Jeeni .
> danish> Do i need to enable some option in ecos.ecc to work in this
> danish> combination ( using Jeeni) . If i run the same code using
> danish> serial port ( without Jeeni) everything works fine .  I would

>Have you loaded the symbol information from the ELF file into
>gdb?
>What exactly happens when you do a "step" command?

I have problem to run by step when I use Jeeni too. I was debugging
the gdb-stub image "gdb_module.img".
In my case the following message comes out and gdb session terminated
when I type "stepi":
0 [main] arm-elf-gdb 1003 handle_exceptions: Exception: \
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
21532 [main] arm-elf-gdb 1003 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
arm-elf-gdb.exe.stack.dump
Segmentation fault (core dump)

Anyone knows how to fix it or has the same problem?