Re: USB Device support

>I saw a few posts a while back from people working on drivers for the
>Phillips USB interface device, PDIUSBD12. Note that this is not a USB host
>controller. Has anyone got a working driver of any sort for this chip?

What type of drivers are you talking about? For USB, the drivers on the
host end are the complex hassle, or that has been my experience anyway.
Once you can work out how to get the host to squirt data, interfacing to
the parallel type USB appliance-end ICs is pretty simple.

We have chosen to use a USB to RS232 solution for our USB product, because
it can be boilerplated into our design, and I am trying to get the USB port
totally eliminated off the product if possible. So much hassle to support
it with all the different Windows and MacOS flavors and idiosyncratic host
controller ICs out there.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."