Re: nested interrupts

Xavier Wang wrote:
> But as I knew, ISRs should be as short as
> possible to reduce the time of masking interrupts and other non-critical
> stuff can be processed in DSRs. So I don't understand what the following
> means:
>
>     "Bearing this in mind, the only thing DSR absolutely has to do is to
>     notify the scheduler. All the rest ought to be done either in an ISR or
>     in a thread."

The DSR should just wake or signal a thread to let it know that the
interrupt happened, that's all. You can't do that from an ISR. All other
processing should take place in a thread - both ISRs and DSRs should be
short and simple like that, otherwise you will lose determinism.

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine