Re: i386 target crashes after download

Christian Plessl wrote:
> Just to make this sure.
>
> How did you link your executable? Did you make 2 seperate ecos trees, one
> for building the ecos loader with gdb-stubs and another tree for building
> the ecos library which is linked with your application
>
> ecosconfig new pc stubs
> ecosconfig tree
> make
>
> --> this gives you the loader
>
> than, in a different directory
>
> ecosconfig new pc     (note! no stubs here)
> ecosconfig tree
> make
>
> this gives you the library to link your application with
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,
I built the gdb-stubs and the library in different directories.
But perhaps I made another mistake. Here is a detailed description
of what I did:

I built the loader with the following script in a directory named "stub"
--
export ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages
export PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH

7 conflict(s) resolved:
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "FLOPPY"
CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM
Target: pc
Template: stubs
No conflicts
(finally :-) build finished

To create the boot disk, I typed:
dd conv=sync if=install/bin/gdb_module.bin of=/dev/fd0

When I built the library in a different directory named "target" with
--
export ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages
export PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH
ECOS_TOOLS=/opt/ecos-1.3.1/tools/bin
$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig new pc
$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig check
$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig tree
make
--
...I got those messages:

1 conflict(s) resolved:
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT
Target: pc
Template: default
2 conflict(s):
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
5 conflict(s) resolved:
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
  Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
(finally :-) build finished
I could get rid of the conflicts by editing the ecos.ecc file.

My Makefile for the simplest program you can imagine looks like this:
--
PATH	:= /tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$(PATH)
CC       = i386-elf-gcc

hello:	hello.o
--

Any ideas ?