Re: PC target

>>>>> "Koeller," == Koeller, T <Thomas.Koeller@baslerweb.com> writes:

Koeller,> I am currently evaluating eCos to see if it's suitable for
Koeller,> an upcoming embedded project. My host environment is Windows
Koeller,> NT / Cygwin. For evaluation purposes only, I am using the PC
Koeller,> target with CYG_HAL_STARTUP set to FLOPPY.  I found that the
Koeller,> cross-development tools I installed (i386-elf) always
Koeller,> generate elf executables (xxx.exe), which is not really
Koeller,> surprising, given the names of those tools. However, the
Koeller,> executables generated cannot be loaded directly on the
Koeller,> target, so I used objcopy to convert them to raw binary
Koeller,> format. This step is not described anywhere in the docs, and
Koeller,> I therefore wonder if I am doing it the way it's supposed to
Koeller,> be done. Any comments?

If you follow the instructions here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/i386pc/ecos-tutorial.d.html#pgfId=2565417

You will be able to boot a GDB stub on the target. From then on, you
use GDB to download the files over serial.

Jesper