Re: network support

On 30-Jan-2001 Fano Ramparany wrote:
> I then had a look at the configuration file.
> Below is the part of the "ecc" file related the network
> drivers. All variables related to the NET_DRIVERS are assigned
> a 0 value.
> In the (Windows NT) eCos Configuration Tool, the items Initialization
> options for 'eth0', are greyed out, and thus can't be
> modified.
> Do you have any hint about what I'm doing wrong?

This is definitely your problem.  Did you create this configuration
from scratch?  I just tried this, starting fresh, selecting the
Cirrus Logic development board + "net" template - AT ONE TIME - and
it came out perfectly.

  Build->Templates->Hardware = Cirrus Logic Development Board
                    Packages = net

What sources are you building from?  If non anonCVS, then you might
consider trying that.

Here's an excerpt [from the same point as yours]:
# <
# Network drivers
#
cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVERS {
    # Implemented by CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX, active, enabled
    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Flavor: data
    # Current_value: 1

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # component CYGPKG_NET_DHCP
    #     ActiveIf: (CYGHWR_NET_DRIVERS > 0)
};

# Does the hardware provide an 'eth0' device?
#
cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0 {
    # Implemented by CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX, active, enabled
    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Flavor: data
    # Current_value: 1

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS
    #     ActiveIf: (CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0 == 1)
};