Re: How to run eCos in SMDK41100 board

>Thumb is not supported in any form in gcc 2.95.2. You have to use a
>snapshot, which is what the instructions on the web page say.

These instructions still talk about the 20000313 snapshot. It may be my
personal CVS jinx, but the instructions on
<http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-thumb-elf.html> do not work
(fails either building or configuring that 20000313 gcc snapshot; I forget
which). It's therefore fairly certain that this process was either not
tested with the above checkout date under cygwin, or the Red Hat anoncvs
server when requested for a snapshot of that date gives something
different. (The stackalign.pat doesn't apply either, or at least didn't for
me).

I remember discussing this whole matter when I first joined the
ecos-discuss list in mid-November; has anything changed since then, to your
knowledge?

Is anyone on the list actually using a thumb ARM?

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."