Re: ecos: TCP/UDP/IP with Linux simulator

Brendan J Simon wrote:

> I am designing a mobile robot with a wireless interface.  It will
> communicate via TCP/UDP/IP to a server on a Linux host.  I want to
> simulate all the robot software (including ecos with the tcp/udp/ip
> stack) with ecos linux simulator.
> Is this possible ?
> Will the tcp/udp/ip interface simuate properly ?
> Do I have to write some kind of dummy/simulation driver for the wireless
> interface ?

The TCP stack cannot be simulated on the linux synthetic target yet. As I
think you are hinting at, it is possible to write a "driver" that could use
linux system calls to communicate with an external process, so that eCos
thinks it is talking to an ethernet card when it isn't really. But no-one
has done that yet.

And out of interest, eCos would require work to be ported to credit card
sized PCs - the eCos PC port cannot be put into flash yet.

Jifl