Re: ARM Thumb - not working under Linux either

Hello Jonathan,

> > /tmp/ccSGafJS.s:544: Error: byte or halfword not valid for base register
> > make[1]: *** [src/debug/dbg_gdb.o.d] Error 1
>
>It's a bug in gcc's reload. I've talked with people on the binutils list

Good, glad to know it is a known/recogized problem and not the evil demon
riding on my shoulder. And at least now I can build the CVS sources of
eCos, which is a big step.

Do you have any insight on why I can't get eCos compiled with Thumb
interworking? It would be an acceptable workaround for me if I could have
the OS in 32-bit mode and my app in Thumb mode, since the friskier parts
are all in my app anyway. At the moment, we are only demoing the technology
so it isn't vital to get everything tweaked to perfection; the final
firmware doesn't have to ship until Q3 :)

Thanks for the response.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."