Re: New GDB stubs and EDB7212, more questions

root wrote:

> Sorry guys, I've got some more dumb questions.
>
> First, reading through the ECC's I see that there are a lot of places
> where something is assigned one value if the CPU variant is EP7211 and
> another if it's EP7209. In few or no places is the 7212 mentioned. Does
> that mean that if I configure for the 7212, I'm going to get "empty" or
> "non-defaults" in those values? Should I leave it at the default 7211
> configuration? The impression I get is that things have been actively
> maintained for the 7211 and 7209, and the 7212 is not so actively
> tested.

Don't read too much into the actual #defines. Some of them can be
misleading because of how they are set (if you are interested look at
CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_CFLAGS_ADD in the CDL).

Instead simply make sure that CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_VARIANT is set to
EP7212.

> Second, I've built new stubs from the current CVS sources and
> successfully flashed them. However now I'm worse off than I was using
> the 1.3.1 stubs; I load my new binary (rebuilt, and linked against
> latest anoncvs). When I continue, the board just sits there. I
> breakpointed cyg_user_start and main and either breakpoints aren't
> working, or it never got that far, because gdb just sits there at the
> "Continuing." message. Is there some special pre-initialization I was
> supposed to add to my program?
>
> Should the below generate a valid set of stubs for EDB7209 (with
> EP7212)?
>
> mkdir ecos_temp
> cd ecos_temp
> ecosconfig new edb7xxx stubs  [a few "attention" messages about changing
> defaults]

At this point change CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_VARIANT

> ecosconfig tree
> make
> dl_edb7xxx install/bin/gdb_module.bin 115200 /dev/ttyS0
>
> When I load the binary and try to single-step, I get "cannot find bounds
> of current function", so it's hard for me to see if anything is actually
> happening.

Jifl