Re: port to ALPHA arch

    John> Has anyone done a port to the DEC Alpha?

Not that I am aware of.

    John> Or even thought about it?

It has been mentioned once or twice in the past couple of years. Not
very often. There does not seem to be much interest in using alphas
for deeply embedded systems.

    John> Can you see any problems with this idea?

I am not familiar with the details of the alpha architecture, but I
can think of one possible issue. So far there has not been an eCos
port to a full 64-bit platform. A couple of the MIPS ports involve
processors that can run in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode, but we have
only used 32-bit mode. Although I am not aware of anything in the eCos
sources that would cause problems for 64-bit platforms, that is no
guarantee that everything in the current code base will just work.

Bart