Re: assabet redboot

Hi Jun,

--- Jun Wu <junw@huawei.com> wrote:

> I have build the assbet redboot, and generated four files
> redboot.bin
> redboot.elf
> redboot.img
> redboot.srec
>
> As far as assabet board is concerned,  I want redboot to boot from
> flash without angel(ARM bootloader). Which file do I need to program
> to the flash? Where(address) do I program in the flash?

You need to flash the redboot.bin file via JTAG. I've done that using
the Jflash-linux tool, which is a port of the Intel JTAG software to
Linux. You can find it at:

  ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/n/nico/SA1110Jflash.tgz

The original Intel software can be found at:

  http://developer.intel.com/design/strong/swsup/SA1110Jflash.htm

> Which host tool application will display the Redboot
> prompt(RedBoot>)?

I'm using minicom (since I'm developing on Linux). 38400 8N1 without
flow control works fine. For Windoze you could use HyperTerminal or
any other terminal program. I would go for another terminal program
because I hear a lot people complain about HyperTerminal (Procomm
for example).

Greetings,
Martin.